Research Information for the Kurland St. Mary Mysteries
- For a contemporary account of an officer who lived through the Napoleonic Wars:
THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF LIEUTENANT-GENERAL SIR HARRY SMITH BART, G.C.B.
- For a fictionalized version of the same characters.
HEYER Georgette: The Spanish Bride. 1940.
- For large military plates and descriptions of the uniforms worn by soldiers:
WELLINGTON’S ARMY: The Uniforms of the British Soldier, 1812-1815
plates by Charles Hamilton Smith; text by Philip J. Haythornwaite
- For a good overview of the Napoleonic Wars.
THE NAPOLEONIC WARS II The empires fight back 1808-12
- The original maps of the city of London drawn by Richard Horwood in 1792-9 and updated by William Faden in 1813.
THE A-Z OF REGENCY LONDON
Reproduced in book form in 1985
Also available online at various sources including this one
- For a good general source of information about the Prince Regent.
THE PRINCE OF PLEASURE AND HIS REGENCY 1811-20
J B Priestley @1969 Harper & Row
- Habits of the Regency: Touring the Country House.
THE POLITE TOURIST. Four centuries of Country House Visiting
Adrian Tinniswood @1998 The National Trust.